There are many many things I want to do to our house, but nothing drove me more crazy than the wood paneling walls in our basement! I remember when we looked at the house and neither me or JJ liked them and that was a reason we leaned towards a different house at the time, and when the price was raised on the other one we decided we would just live with the wood paneling. Well I got very sick of it this summer! I've been trying to decorate some of the rooms in the house that I never got to, but when I got to the basement I was completely lost. Sure if I liked fishing, deer, pheasants, or anything like that that were in the paneling it would have made it easier, but I hate it all! Then I had the idea to just paint it, but I debated for weeks over it because the one whole wall is paneled. Then one of my old roommates commented on a IG picture of mine and told me to just do it, she lives in a house that the wood paneling was painted over and loves it. So I went for it!
This isn't the best comparison picture but it gives an idea of it.
and of course Kyler had to add his own touch to it the morning after I had finished painting it all!!
I absolutely loved how it turned out and especially since I have added a bunch of other pieces/projects down there.. here are a few of them....
I have to give a big shout out to Tremonton Classified! All the big items I have purchased off there for amazing deals, and also we have de-junked alot to because of there. The whole basement project was basically funded by things we sold on there!
I have only one more vinyl to put up under the pictures frames in the top picture and a few more touch ups to do and get pictures printed, and we will officially be completed with it!!
It seems like we have been her longer than a year but at the sametime not. It was weird because after getting the painting done Kyler started saying "HOME" where before it was "HOUSE" I personally think its because we spend alot of time downstairs and(at least to me) its does feel alot more homeier now than it did before. I am so very grateful for our home and the joy it has brought us so far!
I will probably add better pictures when we get it completely finished up, I also painted and decorated the upstairs bathroom, and am hoping to do the downstairs one too!





No comments:
Post a Comment