Saturday, September 15, 2012

Name Fun

A friend of mine did this on her blog and I thought it would be fun to do! I haven't done a random post like this in a while so I thought what the heck!

When naming our kids I never really thought about the meaning behind them, just wasn't a big deal to me. It is interesting to see the meanings though.
My friend used meaning-of-names.com and I used it as well. 

I am going to do all of our names though, so here we go....

Jerry Jay:
Jerry means: Holy
Jay means: To rejoice, to be swift

Sharon Lynn:
Sharon means: Flat Clearing
Lynn means: Waterfall or Snake
*Not all to fond of the meanings!

Kyler Jerry:
Kyler means: Handsome one, woods or church
Jerry means: Holy

Xander Stephen:
Xander means: Defender of the People
Stephen means: Crowned One

I had a good laugh about them all! I do like the boys' meanings though.

The names we like for our future kids meanings include...Strength, Night, People's Favor, and Wisdom. 

To take it to even funnier level you can go to urbandictionary.com and look up names there!
Again here's ours....
(side note: I took the first ones I could find that weren't inappropriate)

Jerry Jay:
Jerry: An amazing guy that is sweet, funny,caring. Has the most amazing laugh and voice ever. Someone who you would want to be in your life forever. Very huggable and kissable. Good with kids, and is very respectful. Just wonderful in every possible way.
 Jay: A Jay is a gorgoeus man, truly loved by all for his wit and winning sense of humour. Hard-working and loyal any girl cannot fail to fall for his charms, songs and poetry. 

If your with a Jay lucky you you've found your soulmate!


Sharon Lynn:
Sharon: Somebody that is amazingly beautiful, funny, kind, and outstanding.
Lynn: One being with complete and utter intelligence, modesty, beauty, and self worth!
*Liking these alot better!!

Kyler Jerry:
Kyler: a one of a kind pain in the butt and one who is never afraid to go above and beyond what is expected of them. A regular Robin Hood putting others before themselves. People are drawn to these guys like flies, as everyone is mesmorized by their unique personalities and ability to make you smile with just a look. Often a wiseguy cracking jokes only they think are funny!!!
Jerry: An amazing guy that is sweet, funny,caring. Has the most amazing laugh and voice ever. Someone who you would want to be in your life forever. Very huggable and kissable. Good with kids, and is very respectful. Just wonderful in every possible way.

Xander Stephen:
Xander: is the kind that has a lot of emotion. Xander is kind and sweet to the people he loves. Xander is in touch with things that seem to be hidden to other people. He's most admired for bravery and emotional strength. Xander has hidden powers that no one can come to understand.
Stephen: Has stunning eyes, that make your heart fall through the floor when they crinkle with his perfect smile. Is deep, unlike most boys, and extremely intelligent. Has a big heart, and he doesn't realize when he's being taken for granted. Even though he would never admit it, he sometimes's can't see what's right in front of him. An over-analyzer, and very stubborn, but he will admit defeat when he has to. Likes to drive girls crazy, apparently. Easy to fall in love with. Hard to figure out.

As you can probably guess I had even bigger laughs at these ones and the other definitions on the site!

No comments:

Post a Comment