We were in the Hospital for alittle over 48 hours, and by the time we were released I was sure ready to get home(or my mom's house). My experience with this hospital was alot better than it was with Kyler, but I could not get comfortable in the bed which made it really hard to sleep and I was just ready to have more to look at than 4 walls. Anyways while we were at the hospital we had a number of people visit and thanks to everyone who did, it made the time go by alot faster!
Wednesday: JJ got there bright and early at 6a.m. and I was completely shocked because I wasn't expecting him for a few more hours, but it was so nice to have him there. He held the baby for probably the first 3 hours her was there and just didn't want to let him go. I tried to sleep a little more but was unsuccessful. So we just chatted and watched tv. My mom go there around noon with Kyler and my brother. Kyler actually paid some attention to the baby then. He wouldn't if JJ or I was holding Xander but when my mom took him Kyler went right over and was just all smiles and wanted to touch him. I was so surprised at how well he was and that he wasn't rough with Xander. Kyler wouldn't hold Xander though, and pretty soon decided he just wanted to explore the hospital. So JJ and my brother took turns walking with him in the halls. They stayed for a few hours and then left. JJ only stayed for about an hour more and then decided to give my mom a break from Kyler. So me and Xander got alot more quality time together and were able to get lots of rest.
Thursday: I had the nurses take Xander to the nursery that night so I could try and get some good sleep. I fell asleep around 1a.m. and didn't wake up till 7a.m. It was quite nice! I buzzed the nurses to bring him in and the nurse came in and told me they had just done his circumcision so it would be a few minutes before they would bring him in. I felt so bad for him all day long!! His doctor came in and talked to me about it. He told me Xander needed to learn respect for his doctors, they had everything ready to start the procedure he was numb and everything was sterile and then Xander decided to have a major poo! Other than that everything went well with it, Xander was just really sore the whole day. We then waited for my doctor to come in to see if he'd release me. Luckily everything looked good with me so we were able to start getting ready to come home. JJ got there around 9:30 and by 11 we were on our way home!! We got to my moms and when we walked in the door Kyler turned and had the biggest smile on his face. I had missed him so much even though I got to see him at least once a day. He wanted to see the baby right away, and he just would smile at him but wouldn't hold him. We got settled in and just tried to relax. Kyler threw a few fits but that's kinda normal these days. We had gotten a little rocking sleeper thing for Xander and Kyler would halp rock it and would give Xander hugs and kisses while he was in there, and then would laugh anytime Xander opened his eyes. For the most part in was just a lazy day. JJ and Kyler headed back to our apartment around 10p.m. giving me a little quite time before Xander woke up to eat.
Friday: Xander and I went to sleep around 12:30 I was expecting him to wake up with in an hour and half to eat. I woke up and looked at the clock and realized it was 4:30a.m.! I was in complete shock, he had been sleeping on me and hadn't moved at all really. I laid him in his bed so I could go to the bathroom and take my pain meds. He was kinda stirring so I decided to feed him and change his diaper. He fell asleep again while he was eatting, I but him in his bed and then tried to go back down myself. I finally fell asleep again but would wake up on and off when I heard people getting up and leaving. JJ and Kyler got here at 9:00 and that's when I finally woke up and Xander was still asleep!! I was just shocked he slept so long, and was very thankful to get the sleep I did. JJ had to leave for a few hours, but thankfully Kyler was pretty happy and ended up watching Finding Nemo with my mom in her room. My grandparents stopped by to see the baby and we had a good visit with them. While they were here was the first time Kyler held Xander, it was so cute other than Xander started to cry.We also had my aunt and a couple cousins stop by, after they left I braved Walmart with my mom. I needed to get a few things and wanted to get a bit of a walk since I really hadn't since leaving the hospital. It wasn't to bad, but it did make me tired. JJ enjoyed having some alone time with the baby even though Xander tried to pee on him while changing his diaper. Kyler started to get tired around 9:30 so JJ and him headed back to the apartment to sleep. While me and Xander have just been relaxing!
Now a few things to remember about Xander:
1.He has his brothers appetite! He is almost four days old and is already drinking 2-3 ounces at each feeding, which is every 2-3 hours!
2.When he is eating he stiffens his leg so the stick straight out, it is so funny to me that he won't relax them.
3.We thankfully haven't been dealing with reflux or spitting up at all. Kyler always would spit up after he ate and Xander maybe has twice.
4.He likes to make noises while you hold him and even sometimes in his sleep.
5.I am in love with his eyes, and just love when he is awake and has them open. Right now they are a very dark blue and they are so big!
6.He likes his mommy...he can be fussing and once he is in my arms or on me he settles right down. I love this!
7.He has the longest fingers and feet! When I first saw his hands I was in shock by how long his fingers are.
8. He likes to go for rides in the car, we have been for rides a couple of times and he is just so content and doesn't fuss at all.
Now for some pictures!
Us the last night in the hospital!
The pretty flower Kyler brought me and him enjoying the hospital bed.
Kyler and Grandma with Xander.
In his carseat ready to come home!
At home snuggled in his rocker/bed.
Kyler Holding him for the first time and then checking to make sure Xander was okay.
That's been our last few days. The days seem to go by alot faster with a baby! I feel kinda spoiled where Xander has been so mellow and hasn't dealt with any reflux and sleeps so well, hope it will stay this way. I've also been thankful Kyler has done pretty well with Xander being around, and being soft with him. We have tried really hard to make sure one of us is paying attention to him at all times. Its also helped where he has had grandma and his uncles around so much to play with him too. Over all we are all doing well, aren't to sleep deprived yet, and just adjusting our lives with this cute new little one that we all love so much!











No comments:
Post a Comment