Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Xander's Birth Day

We got the call Monday afternoon telling us we were scheduled for the 7:30 surgery and that we needed to be at the Hospital at 5:30! I went to my mom's house that night and tried to get Kyler to sleep there, I think he knew something was up because he would not go to sleep. Thankfully around midnight he finally fell asleep. But that left me very little time to sleep, since I had to pick JJ up from work at 4a.m. and then get ready to head to the hospital. We left for the hospital around 5a.m. we got there and registered and they put us in a delivery room and set me up on some monitors to make sure he was okay. I started to get really nervous and nauseous as time drew closer and closer to go back for the surgery. Right at 7:30 the nurse and anesthesiologist took me back to the O.R. to get me ready to go. It was freezing and I couldn't stop shaking, I think some of that might have been nerves too. This time I was actually given a spinal block instead of an epidural. To me it was a bit more painful than an epidural but it could have been because I already had so much pressure in my lower back. Once they had the spinal block done I got to lay down and wait to get numb. They put the curtain up so that I couldn't see what was going on. The doctor came in asked if we were ready and then proceeded with the surgery. I didn't feel anything besides some pressure and some tugging but nothing that was painful...it was really nice! Pretty soon we heard the doctors and nurses gasp and then a little whimper. The doctor looked over the curtain at me and said that the baby had the cord wrapped around his neck 3 times!!  We kinda started to panic but then heard that wonderful sound of him crying. They showed him to me and then took him over to the warm to check him out. When I saw him the first thing I thought was he looks just like Kyler!! I couldn't really see him in the warmer while the stitched me up, but could hear him and what the nurses were saying. And he thankfully had nothing wrong with him!! They then weighed him and he was 7pounds and 2 ounces, they also measured his height and he was 20 inches. He was 3 ounces and a .5 inch smaller than Kyler. They then got him wrapped up and brought him over to me and I got to hold him until they were ready to take me into recovery, of course not before snapping a picture lol. I was in recovery for about an hour and while I was there they brought him back to eat, he is very much like his big brother because he drank an ounce with no problem! They then took him back into the nursery to get him warmer and run a few test. I was so happy to be able to get into a room and just snuggle Xander and see my family! My mom had brought Kyler over, and I was super nervous how he was going to be. Well he was kinda grouchy before they even came back because he hadn't gotten his full nights sleep. I gave him his little goody bag and then all he cared about was his basketball hoop. He didn't even really look at the baby. My mom did tell me that when they had Xander in the nursery Kyler was glued to the window though and kept pointing to him and blowing kisses. Kyler was starting to get cranky so my mom decided they would leave. Kyler did give Xander a kiss and waved bye-bye to him. We will see if he will actually hold him today when he comes. After they left we got some much needed quite time and just some good quality time with Xander. He is such a mellow baby so far, he mostly just sleeps or wants to look around when he is awake. He looks alot like Kyler did except that Xander has dark hair and really dark blue eyes, so we are thinking they will probably go brown. We are just so in love with him! After a short nap JJ's parents and 2 of his sisters came to visit for awhile and then my aunt and uncle came to see the cutie too. Soon after they left J.J. decided to head home. Poor guy had only slept maybe 2 hours the whole day since he had to work that night/morning. It was nice to be able to be just me and Xander for awhile. I ended up keeping him with me for the night, I didn't want to let him go. He really only woke up to eat and then would go back down. He has worked himself up to eating almost 2 ounces at each feeding now.  He is very alert when he is awake, I love when he opens his eyes and looks around. He also likes to jabber alittle bit already, he will just start making cute little noises at ya when he's awake. We are doing well though. I of course have the pain from the incision but it hasn't been to bad, I just wish the hospital bed were a bit more comfortable. That was Xander's first day here though. We are just in love with him! JJ hasn't put him down since he got here at 6 this morning, I'm scared we are already spoiling him!

Now for the pictures! There are quite a few!









1 comment: