Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hospital Kits

Over the past few months while I've been browsing  Pinterest I've seen a few different ideas about putting together a kit for the dad. These were mostly for the dads that had to wait through their wife's labor so they had a bunch of different activities to do. I figured since JJ wouldn't have to wait through labor and that he'll be pretty tired from working the night before I would just get him a bunch of goodies. On a couple of the kits I saw they had went and wrote little notes of love or appreciation to their spouse with some sort of saying that went with the treat. I did my best to come up with some saying and i hope JJ will get a kick out of some of them! Mine also are not as neat as the ones I've seen, I was to lazy to make labels on the computer and attach them so I settled for post-its and a bag from his gifts last father's day. Anyways here is how his turned out...
One of my biggest fears going into this has been first how Kyler will react to the baby once he's here and second how Kyler will be at the hospital and how to keep him entertained while he's there. As I was figuring out what to put in JJ's kit I thought maybe I should make Kyler one too. So I just grabbed a bunch of his favorite goodies, a little basketball hoop(yes, its a bath one but the only one I could find that was small enough to take), a book about being a big brother, and a big brother shirt. I'm hoping that way he'll be entertained and make him excited about what all will be going on. Here is his kit...
We now have less than 3 weeks before Xander is here! I'm excited to have him here, but nervous about everything we need to get done before and everything that will be happening afterwards. I went to the doctor yesterday and everything still looks good! Its weird to think I only have 2 more appointments before we go in to have him. Right now we are scheduled to have him the 17th and we will either have the 7:30a.m. or 8:45a.m. surgery spot, we won't know until the week before though. But either way it will sure be nice to get him here and in our arms!! I hadn't worried to much over having two kids until this past week, and now I'm starting to get nervous about it. I sure hope I can handle two of them! I just want to be the best mom I can be to them and I hope I can give both of them everything they need! I sure love them both so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment