I remember I was in my room doing my hair getting ready to go to school and listening to the radio, when the dj guy came on and said the first tower had been hit. I originally thought it was a joke, and went on getting ready to go. On the way to school I told my mom what I had heard and she thought the samething, we were stopped at the railroad tracks when on the radio they said it again at that point we both thought ok maybe something did happen.
My mom was in the PTA at the time and had a meeting that morning and I went into their meeting room with her before school started and saw the devastation of what had happened. I couldn't believe my eyes! We watched the second tower get hit...and then it was off to advisory for me. All the teachers had the news on watching it. The principle came on and said that we needed to go on with our regular classes and that all the teachers needed to turn the news off...very few actually did. I remember watching people jumping out of the windows and others running away as fast as they could from the towers, while yet the fireman and police officers where going in towards the towers. I remember when the First Tower fell and I gasped, as did a few others in our class. I tried so hard to not cry, I just couldn't understand it all. Up until that point I don't think I thought anyone had a problem with America. I think that day at school was the quietest day of school I have ever been to...no one really talked, we all had our eyes glued to the t.v. and were in shock. They then reported about the plain crash in Pennsylvania and about the Pentagon being hit. I was just hoping and praying there wouldn't be anymore!
So many innocent people lost their lives and family members that day. There where so many HEROS that day, the fireman and police officers, people in the Towers or near them trying to save others, and the people on the plains trying to stop what was about to happen. I will never forget all the stories of those brave men and women!
It didn't end with 9/11 though, the country has been at war ever since. We have made great progress with it and a few months ago they were able to get the man responsible for it all! But there have been Thousands of men and women give there lives for our freedom! And alot who have left there lives and families to go fight for it. I know a few of those who have. I am so very very grateful to all of those Brave and Heroic people who have served our country!!! And for the ones through out the last 10 years who have given their lives starting on this day 10 years ago. I can honestly say I love you all and am forever indebted to you for all you have done!
I will Never forget that day! As I'm sure most who where here that day won't.
NEVER FORGOTTEN....FOREVER GRATEFUL!
No comments:
Post a Comment