Last Saturday when I woke up I was greeted by my mom singing a song.
The song she was singing I had never heard before,
but it was a very lovely one.
I giggled and smiled as we headed down the stairs,
and though about the things I might do down there.
Little did I know my whole day was already planned with lots of fun.
As my mom put me down I noticed today was going to be a different one.
My toys weren't there but instead giant boxes and bags.
I wanted to play with them but I was quickly told I can't.
I looked up and then I saw new things on the walls that weren't there before.
They were very colorful and two were really big and in between was some sort of banner.
I tried to grab for the strings that were hanging down from the colorful things,
but I couldn't reach them and I started to scream.
Mommy came over and picked me up and said, "its ok my little birthday boy.
I didn't know what birthday meant
but I decided if it was going to mean days like this I didn't like it then.
We then headed up stairs where I got in the bath,
and I put on a new shirt and some pants.
My mom then put this strange thing on my head,
I wasn't sure about it but thought "oh what the heck."
We went back down and then there came lots of knocks on the door,
all of whom came from all my favorite loved ones.
My house was soon filled and the boxes and bags grew to a huge stack.
There were more of the colorful things,
but these ones weren't tied to the strings,
my cousins and I had some fun hitting and bouncing them all around.
Until my mom said I think we're ready now.
She grabbed me and put me on her lap and gave me one of the boxes to unwrap.
I started to tear into the box and found it was filled with some fun.
We opened the bags and boxes one by one
With each one my eyes filled with joy
as I couldn't wait to play with all these toys.
When I was done I was put in my high chair
as everyone started to stare
There was a big cupcake that was put in front of me
and everyone started to sing.
It was the same song my mom sang that day
but this time I realized it sang Happy Birthday.
I decided whatever a Birthday was it wasn't to bad.
I got new toys and now I got to eat and I wasn't sad.
I dived right into that cupcake you see
and covered every inch of me.
I ate it all up until there was no more
and licked my fingers off and begged for some more.
I kinda got embarrased because mom put me in the sick
and bathed me off in front of everybody.
I then got dressed again and headed to say Thanks.
Soon everyone left and I started to yawn.
And I was left to either sleep or play with my mess.
I decided to take a nap and leave mom and dad to clean up the mess.
I didn't sleep long, I was to excited and filled with glee.
I started to stand and yell till my daddy came and got me.
I played with all my new toys until the day was done
I got into my pj's and mommy rocked me to sleep
while singing the song I had heard twice that day
I laid there and listened to the words Happy Birthday
I started to dream of all the fun I had
and thought how I can't wait have another day like that.
The song she was singing I had never heard before,
but it was a very lovely one.
I giggled and smiled as we headed down the stairs,
and though about the things I might do down there.
Little did I know my whole day was already planned with lots of fun.
As my mom put me down I noticed today was going to be a different one.
My toys weren't there but instead giant boxes and bags.
I wanted to play with them but I was quickly told I can't.
I looked up and then I saw new things on the walls that weren't there before.
They were very colorful and two were really big and in between was some sort of banner.
I tried to grab for the strings that were hanging down from the colorful things,
but I couldn't reach them and I started to scream.
Mommy came over and picked me up and said, "its ok my little birthday boy.
I didn't know what birthday meant
but I decided if it was going to mean days like this I didn't like it then.
We then headed up stairs where I got in the bath,
and I put on a new shirt and some pants.
My mom then put this strange thing on my head,
I wasn't sure about it but thought "oh what the heck."
We went back down and then there came lots of knocks on the door,
all of whom came from all my favorite loved ones.
My house was soon filled and the boxes and bags grew to a huge stack.
There were more of the colorful things,
but these ones weren't tied to the strings,
my cousins and I had some fun hitting and bouncing them all around.
Until my mom said I think we're ready now.
She grabbed me and put me on her lap and gave me one of the boxes to unwrap.
I started to tear into the box and found it was filled with some fun.
We opened the bags and boxes one by one
With each one my eyes filled with joy
as I couldn't wait to play with all these toys.
When I was done I was put in my high chair
as everyone started to stare
There was a big cupcake that was put in front of me
and everyone started to sing.
It was the same song my mom sang that day
but this time I realized it sang Happy Birthday.
I decided whatever a Birthday was it wasn't to bad.
I got new toys and now I got to eat and I wasn't sad.
I dived right into that cupcake you see
and covered every inch of me.
I ate it all up until there was no more
and licked my fingers off and begged for some more.
I kinda got embarrased because mom put me in the sick
and bathed me off in front of everybody.
I then got dressed again and headed to say Thanks.
Soon everyone left and I started to yawn.
And I was left to either sleep or play with my mess.
I decided to take a nap and leave mom and dad to clean up the mess.
I didn't sleep long, I was to excited and filled with glee.
I started to stand and yell till my daddy came and got me.
I played with all my new toys until the day was done
I got into my pj's and mommy rocked me to sleep
while singing the song I had heard twice that day
I laid there and listened to the words Happy Birthday
I started to dream of all the fun I had
and thought how I can't wait have another day like that.
I tried to make that rhyme/read well, sorry if it didn't but I tried.
We had a great day on his birthday. We hs both our families over for cake and ice cream and to watch him open his presents. He of course got spoiled. It was so funny watching him eat his cupcake. When we first started to sing he had no idea what to do and then got excited and face planted into it. And he did cover him with it, he was a very dirty boy by the time I got him cleaned off. He was so excited all day, it was the first time in a month and a half he wasn't fussy over his teeth or being sick. I was very happy that he was able to enjoy his birthday without that.
Here is a list of what he got:
Mom/Dad
Bouncing Turtle
Musical Table
Surprise Block Crocodile Wagon
Little Zoomers Rattle(Remote control) Car
Baby Laptop
Guitar
Pool w/balls to use as a ball pit inside the house
Swimsuits, Swim shoes, beach towel
Spring/Summer Clothes
College Fund
Musical Table
Surprise Block Crocodile Wagon
Little Zoomers Rattle(Remote control) Car
Baby Laptop
Guitar
Pool w/balls to use as a ball pit inside the house
Swimsuits, Swim shoes, beach towel
Spring/Summer Clothes
College Fund
Grandma/Grandpa Harris
Spiderman Ride-On
$20Spiderman Ride-On
Great Grandma/Grandpa Abplanalp
Clothes
$1Clothes
Great Grandma Jones
outfitGrandma/Grandpa Abplanalp
Fisher Price Activity Lion
$25Fisher Price Activity Lion
Uncle Derek and Rhett
Your my Little Love Bug BookAunt Cammie, Uncle Nic, Jo-Jo, Ashley, Dani
Frog Pillow PetAunt Deanna and Uncle Don
Turtle Sand Toys
$5Turtle Sand Toys
Aunt Jennie, Uncle Wade, Emily, Marcy
BubblesM&M's
$5
Aunt Wendy, Kenzie, Kaitlyn, Braden
PhoneMusical Rolling Walker
Ashlee, Rodney & Ava- mom's friend and little girl
Carter's Outfit
Carter's Outfit
So as you can see he got very very spoiled! We decided to start a College Fund/Trust Fund. for when he gets older. That's where all the money he got will be going:)
Now for the update part. We took him for his shots last monday he is 25lbs. 14oz., 32.2inches, and has a 19 inch head. He's in the 90 percentile for weight, above the 97 percentile for height, and about 95 percentile for his head circumfrance. Its amazing to me how much he has grown this year. He's gained 18lbs. 9oz., grown 11.7 inches, and I don't have his starting head circumfrance. I just can't believe he's grown that much. And yes I will admit I cried like 3 different times on his birthday. But anyways he is still crawling everywhere, and walking along everything too. He has learned how to crawl up the stairs and scares us all the time with it. He tries to balance by himself when stand and takes a few steps by himself so I know any day now he'll be walking. He does patty-cake and itsy bitsy spider on his own, and loves book of mormon stories and popcorn popping. He bangs on everything like its drumbs and also bangs everything together trying to make noise. He still loves any type of music he know how to make all his toys play and knows where the off and on switchs are. He know how to hit the ball on his baseball toy know too and its one of his favorites now. He loves to be outside and go for rides, if he hasn't been out for a few days he gets really fussy until we take him somewhere. And talk about a kid that can eat. He eats ALL day long. If there is something out for him to eat or drink he gets grouchy really fast. He also gives me kisses and hugs every night before bed without even being asked, which is my favorite thing:)
No comments:
Post a Comment