Sunday, December 12, 2010

Everything and Anything

So as I said in the last post we moved. We are in Garland, over by the old sugar factory, in some apartments. One of my really good friends lives here and was what got us interested in them. We absolutely love them. I don't have any pictures yet, we've been busy unpacking and getting ready for Christmas. Its so nice because Kyler has his own room. I didn't really mind him in our room, but I did mind all of the stuff he has in there. Especially with Christmas coming I am very happy we were able to move. I also said in the post below how we got a washer and dryer on Black Friday. Its so nice to have one in our own place instead of lugging it all to my moms. I can't express how much I'm in love with it, and especially where we got in for 54% off the regular price!! I feel like I have been having Christmas all month!! First with the washer and dryer, then JJ let me hang up the beautiful Logan Temple picture he got me for Christmas, see picture below. We got it a few months ago in Sam's Club. Its absolutely gorgeous, and huge!! We also decided to switch phone services and got really nice phones. We were able to keep our same numbers too. And if thats not enough, we just ordered a new tv stand. Its much needed for when Kyler starts climbing up things. The one we have now is very wiggly, and I can see it falling over on him. We also will hopefully be getting a table at the beginning of the year thanks to some of the Christmas money we got, and have some smaller gifts under the tree. I'm not try to brag by any means!! Its just I'm so grateful to my husband for all of it. He has been working 7 days a week on graveyard shift for almost two months. This has been the first week since he started fulltime he has had days off. And he is still a fulltime student!! I just think he is sure amazing, to do everything he does for us.
Now for a little bit on Kyler, he is getting so big. He will be 8 months this next week. I'm going to leave most of what I have to say till i post his 8 month one, but i have to tell a cute story about him today. When he was just little he loved to be on his belly. At about 3-4months he started hate it, would not be on it for anything and would just start to cry if you laid him on it. He started to roll about a month ago and has been getting use to it since. So today, I gave him a bottle an he ate most of it, I went into the kitchen to start a project I was doing. I hear him start jabbering, so I look in the front room and he rolled over onto his belly and was trying to eat out of his bottle that way. When he couldn't get anything out of the nipple he tried to suck on the bottom of it. When that did work he looked at me like, "Why won't it work?" I went over and put him back on his back, but he kept rolling over and trying to eat. I thought it was pretty darn cute.
I'm going to kinda get defensive in this next paragraph. I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and they started getting snotty over Kyler. The main thing being he's not doing things her baby (which is younger) is doing, such as crawling, climbing and a few other things. With his development progress he has been a little slower to do things. But he also as grown like no other, or very few. He had grown pretty much 10 inches in six months. Alot of that being between 3-5months. It took him awhile to hold up his head on his own, I remember that worried me because everyone else's babies around his age were, also he didn't sit up as soon as others did. So I asked my doctor about it, and he told me where he has grown so much and so fast his muscles weren't being able to catch up. So they weren't as strong as other babies. From 6-7 months he pretty much stayed the same only a little growth and in that month you could tell his muscles were getting stronger and even more so now. He is sitting up really well now, and will scoot around alittle or just roll till he gets where he wants to. It made me mad when this friend of mine got all snooty to me like something was wrong with Kyler. Nothing is wrong with him, he's just a big kid!!
Any who, I'm so excited for Christmas!! I know Kyler won't even remember it, or what he gets, but I will;) I'm so excited for him and to see what he does that morning! Some people (my mom) has said we are spoiling him, but so is she!! We decided on an amount of money we were going to spend and I'm very proud to say we have stuck to it. Not only that, but all the things we got for that money. I actually got half of it back in October from Kmart.com. Their prices then were even better than any black friday or sales prices I've seen since then. (Mentally note to self to look there every year at that time). The other half I have been able to get for very good prices too. I love being able to get things for great deals!!
On another note, since I've already written an novel. The project I talk about earlier is a tissue paper tree. I saw it on a few blogs, and thought they were so cute and made such cute decorations. Mine probably didn't turn out as cute but I still like it! (Picture below) I also made a couple changes to my Christmas tree. JJ tells me how it reminds him of Hoo Ville and Doctor Seuss. I love it and think its so cute. Its actually alot cutier in person than in the pictures.
Sorry this is so long!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your blog, as always.

    I'm going to jump right to the mean stuff.

    It is no ones concern if kyler is/was whatever slower then their baby. Every baby is different and it's totally not fair to compare babies. Babies are totally like normal grown ups. Everyone single one is different and does things different and learns to do things at different times. It's not fair for him to be compared. Hes perfect, and I think hes doing fantastic:) He is going to be crawling in no time, and lets hope when he does, he will crawl over and slap that person in the mouth:)

    I love your temple picture. Thanks for lettin me run over tonight. Your house is SOO clean and cute:)Ours is a hot mess haha. I looooooove you my bestie and I adore Kyler too:) I miss him like crazy even tho I just saw him a few hours ago.

    Oh and the tissue paper tree:) adorable.

    ReplyDelete