LOVE: We think about it, Sing about it, Dream about it & Loose sleep worrying about it. When we don't know we have it, we search for it. When we discover it, we don't know what to do with it. When we have it, we fear loosing it. It is the constant source of pleasure and pain. But we don't know which it will be from one moment to the next. It is a short word, easy to spell, difficult to define & IMPOSSIBLE to live without.

Ok so this isn't about how my fairytale has ended or anything. But I have to laugh at my friends. Ever since I started talking about marriage it seems like thats what they are all after now! And I have become the person to turn to for advice. Now I love all of my friends, but one thing has kinda fustrated me with most of them......They think love needs to be a fairytale. They all want the perfect, handsome, fully educated, the most righteous guy. Now I'm not saying J.J. isn't all of those;) But you can't judge a book by its cover, you have to get to know someone before you make a judgement. My one friend in particular is getting quite fustrated with the dating scene. After ever relationship, she always ask me, "how will I know it's the right one," " why do I fall for such losers." I always tell her the samething that it'll happen when the Lord wants it too. I guess the one thing that gets to me the most is that all of these friends I'm talking about have all said the samething to me when they start dating a guy. "I guess I'm just expecting a Fairytale." And yes to me I truely believe they all have there standards to high!! Or maybe better put they just have narrow vision. I'm not putting J.J. down in anyway by what I'm about to say. But when I first met him I wasn't swept off my feet, or my breath taken away. And I'm glad I didn't. Now that might seem crazy, but it made me more curious, and made me get to know him better. Through our dating experiences we got closer and began to love each other. But to me we didn't have the aspects of a Fairytale. But I still fell in love, and soon started to see in my own way that it was a fairytale. But it was mine and J.J.'s fairytale. We were the ones deciding how it was all going to turn out. And I'm very happy on how its going:) I just wish my friends would understand that! Not every guy you date is the right one, nor can you make them into the right one. But they also need to be not so judgemental, and actually get to know the guys before they say no to a date or say its not going to work out.
No comments:
Post a Comment