Since the end of January our Front Room has been in complete disarray due to us giving it a little update. So if you thought I was being rude because I wouldn't let you come to my house, this has been why;)
Most our top floor is a dark khaki color and I was so sick of looking at it! Our carpet was horribly stained with red punch, syrup, and anything else the boys could have possibly gotten on it. We had small baseboards but no other moldings. I didn't know what to do with the windows I hate valances and curtains were just to much for those little windows. And you don't even want to get me started on the gross micro-fiber couches! After Christmas we got talking and we knew we were going to at least repaint this room. Then Xander one night after bedtime snuck out found my foundation and mascara and decided it was paint time! All over the couches and floor!! Most of it came out of the carpet but not so much on the couches. So as if they didn't already look awesome, they now had big blobs of black mascara all over them. At this point we decided we were just going to redo the whole room. It desperately needed it!!
Doesn't it look so much better??
So here is a list of everything we did!
•Ripped out the Carpet and Tile in the Entryway<that was fun...not!
•Painted the Walls
•Installed New Light and Face Plates
•Installed and Painted Crown Molding
•Added Window Casings
•Installed Laminate Flooring
•Installed and Painted Baseboards
•Put up an extra tall metal baby-gate
(It sure seems like we did so much more)
Now the pictures aren't the best. One, they were done at night. Two, even with a new light, lighting still isn't great. And Three, I took them with my phone!
For most people it wouldn't have taken a month and a half to do all that. But I seem to not have an immune system since the new year struck and have been sick, as well as pulling my back half way through during the floor, and JJ has been working a lot. But it so paid off!
Then came my favorite part...Decorating! I had this green dresser tucked away for like a year and a half and could never decide what I wanted to do with it, but I loved it. I decided to bring it out at Christmas Time to change this up, and then I knew I wanted it there for sure. So decorating the room went off of it. I found a rug that matched it but I wanted more than just green. Then I found the coffee table in the classifieds pages and loved it so then we had our colors, and Hobby Lobby and a little paint pretty much did the rest! We still have pieces that we used before they have just been moved or repainted.
Now I'm not just saying this, but it does look better in person. I love seeing people's reactions to it when they come over now, and I don't feel as embarrassed! I love how it turned out, and love even more that it is over with! We have plenty of other projects around here to get done, but this mama is going to give her body a rest for a bit.













No comments:
Post a Comment