Friday, July 13, 2012

Last Week Being The Only Child

We wanted to make this week really fun for Kyler. We don't really know how much he understands about the baby coming and so we feel like we might be dropping a bomb on him on Tuesday. Not only that but after the baby comes we aren't going to be able to go out and do much for the first few weeks, so we wanted to pack as much into this week as we could. Since JJ goes back to work tomorrow and works clear up til the morning the baby is coming our week pretty much ends today. That and the next few days I will be doing lots of cleaning and packing and just getting everything ready that we need.

 Here are some of the highlights from this week...

1.He got a new haircut! We finally got grandma to cut it really short so now we can spike the front. He also enjoyed the day playing basketball outside!
2.We went shopping the other day we stopped at the Dollar Store and let him pick out a few things he wanted. He ended up getting Mickey Mouse flash cards for numbers and shapes. We also stopped at Sonic and got a slush on the way home which he eventually fell asleep drinking.
3.He has had a few sleep-overs with mom and dad this week. He is getting to big for his bed but we are waiting till we move to get him a big bed so for now he usually ends up with us. He is also very particular, he won't sleep with a pillow that has a pillow case on it and he has to have the zebra stripped blanket!
4. We have been to the pool almost everyday this week. Its one of his favorite things to do, and he is getting better and better at floating on his own. To bad he wouldn't look at me to get a decent picture!
5. He is becoming such a big helper! He loves to throw things away, and this week even started taking the trash out to the big garbage with dad.
6. The other day while I was out with my mom and grandma we found this sucker that had Mater teeth on the front of it. So I got it for Kyler and he has been in love with it.He's just a little rascal and won't let me get a really good goofy picture of him with them in.
7.Coming home from the pool the other day we decided to stop and get ice cream cones. He really enjoyed it!! 
8.He has also decided to be in love with the movies Finding Nemo and Cars. Which has led us to watch them everyday! It hysterical how he will laugh while watching Nemo....wish the video would load! 

9. Today we didn't know what exactly the weather was going to do but once we were pretty sure it was going to stay clear for awhile we headed down to Brigham to get some fried chicken(daddy was craving it!) and we had a little picnic at the park. Kyler was more into playing than eating which really surprised us. He had a good time though and wasn't shy at all with the other kids that were there. We then headed to the pool again to finish out the day.
 And yes I finally joined the Instagram bandwagon this week and am loving it! 

I think Kyler has really enjoyed this week, which he should have since he has pretty much gotten whatever he wants. I just hope he knows how much we love him, and that that will stay the same even with a new little boy joining our family! 
And I know I said I would have a belly picture with this post but I forgot to get one today, so I will try to get one this weekend before the baby gets here!