Thursday, March 15, 2012

Derek's Mission Call

My brother Derek recieved his mission call today! We were so excited to finally have it here and for him to open it. 
My mom had us all guess on a map where he was going before he opened it. People picked the Caribbean, lots of places in South America and Europe, and states like California, Washington, and North Dakota. Well come to find out not a single person was close...go figure lol!
He has been called to serve in the Tampico, Mexico mission. (and yes like the drink!)
He will enter the MTC on June 13th! Which is only 13 days after Colton gets home.
We are very thankful he will at least get to be here for the almost 2 weeks after Colton gets home so we can be a full family just for those few days. It's crazy to think Colton is almost home and that Derek will be leaving so soon after. I am so very proud of my brothers and for the decisions they have made to serve missions! Rhett's turn will be in 3 years which will give us a whole year to be together in between. He is a great example too! I have often complained about my brothers because of how they tease and fight with me and each other but now that I'll have 2 boys I'm so grateful to have had my brothers and hope my boys will follow in their uncle's and father's footsteps! I have some amazing men in my life and am so grateful for it. Especially for the priesthood they hole and all the wonderful blessings it as brought to me and my little family as well as my bigger family:) I love my whole family so much and am so grateful for every single one of them and the examples they are to me. My mom has been so strong with letting my brothers go and especially when she here's about Colton struggling at times and tonight I realized I'll be going through the samethings once my boys get to that age whether it missions or military or whatever they decide to do and it made me realize how hard its going to be to watch them go through tough times and be away from them for long periods of times. I'm very glad that Kyler is still just almost 2 and that the other is still in my belly, even though I wish everyday it was July, I want to just enjoy all the time I have with them especially when they are little and cute, and before they get to much of an attitude. I just love them so much and look forward to the times ahead as well. 
Enough with my rambling though, we are very excited for Derek and for him to be able to go out and teach and serve the people in and around the Tampico, Mexico area. We are going to soak up the next few months we have with him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment