We don't get many of them any more, since Kyler is so active and wants things his way! I'm scared I'm raising a very stubborn little boy, but then again his mom is very stubborn. I just love him though! We had put him down for a nap today and after about 20 minutes of hearing him playing around and not going to sleep I decided to go get him. Well I opened the door and didn't see him...he some how got behind his bed. I still haven't figured out how he got back there, unless he crawled under it or climbed over the back...either way I don't know how he would do either. He found a bunch of his little toys that had fallen back there and was having a blast and just laughing, which then made me laugh. I went and sat on the bed and talked and played with him for a minute. He would come over and and squish his face in the rails of the bed and give me kisses. He eventually got sick of it and wanted out. I moved the bed so he could walk out and then he turned into a monster..shocker! I knew he needed a nap though, so we went into our bedroom and I let him play with some of the toys in there for a minute and then picked him up and laid him on the bed with me. I was completely expecting him to squirm and start throwing a fit like he usually does, but he didn't:) He just cuddled into me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I kept kissing his cheeks and then he would stop me and turn my head and do mine. I started sing his lullaby which I've sung to him since he was born, I haven't sung it to him in along time though because he usually just climbs into bed now and wants me out. He grabbed my hand and put it on his arm, he likes me to tickle his arms and legs lol. And pretty soon he was sound asleep. I miss these types of moments. I can't believe on Sunday he'll be 18 months old! It so doesn't seem like its been that long. With him being such a big kid, that hasn't helped either. I still can't believe he's a toddler, to me he should still be a baby. I love seeing him learning and doing new things, even though most of the things he learns he'll turn into ways to get in trouble or drive me crazy. He is starting to learn to open doors and bottles, which results in big messes thankfully most of them happen on the kitchen floor and not the carpet! I've mentioned before how he is into throwing, well I have now had to move everything off our little tables in the front room because he has broken a picture frame and our water globe we got from the San Diego Zoo. I kinda miss those times where he wasn't able to reach things. I'm starting to get nervous about putting the Christmas stuff out with how he's been. Hopefully it'll get a bit better by then.
Now with the talking thing! He has said 5 different words but trying to get him to say them again however is a challenge. I've started getting alot of questions and concern from people about it which is starting to make me worry and stress about it. Being a mom is such a blessing and fun thing, but when you start thinking something might be wrong its sure makes you an emotional wreck, at least in my case. I started looking online for articles about it and found this
The BabyCentre Editorial Team:
Most children have learned to say at least one word by the time they're 12 months old and it's unusual for a child to not be speaking at all by 18 months. But although it's not typical, your child's situation is not necessarily cause for concern, either. Boys, especially those under two, tend to develop language skills more slowly than girls, and some more cautious and reserved children tend to wait until they understand a great deal of what they hear before they actually speak.
Look for these signs of language development:
• Does your child point? Pointing to something he wants or to pictures in a book is closely related to the beginning of actual speech.
• Does he seem to understand what you say? The ability to understand language precedes the ability to talk. If your child seems to understand a great deal of what others are saying, he's well on his way to talking.
• Does your child use gestures and facial expressions to communicate? Many children communicate what they need non-verbally, and in fact most toddlers develop a host of non-verbal signals. Until about 24 months the fact that your child is making some kind of effort to communicate is more important than a large vocabulary.
• Does your child grunt? This may seem a strange question, but new research shows that the little grunts toddlers make while pointing to pictures or playing with toys are actually a kind of commentary. Children who aren't yet talking and don't grunt are more likely to be diagnosed with a language delay later on
I was glad I found that! Because honestly the past 2 days I've been going crazy with worry. Kyler does all those things that they asked about in the article. He will be seeing the doctor tomorrow for his 18 month check up and I plan on asking them about it just to be safe. But I'm thinking we're just going to have to be patient and wait. He is such a smart little boy! (and I'm really trying not to be bias) But as far as motor skills and things like that he does so well with. I still am worried but I think all moms are all the time:) I think the doctors visit will probably ease my mind with it in one way or another.
Sorry this post is kinda crazy! Just have had alot on my mind lately.
No comments:
Post a Comment