Sunday, November 28, 2010

In His Constant Care

So today I was over in Seagull Book and I saw this picture...
It about made me cry in the store. I absolutely love it. This past week I have really thought about how blessed I am to be a mom, and have such a sweet little boy. The title of the picture is "In His Constant Care". And I know my baby is. I have been very blessed with not having to face any serious illnesses or life threatening situations with Kyler thus far, and I'm so thankful to my Savior everyday for it. I'm also very grateful he sent me Kyler, he brightens my day and makes me smile all the time. And I know my Savior will be looking after him his whole life. It makes me cry to think just a little over 7 months ago my sweet baby was in the presence of our Savior and Heavenly Father, and that they trusted me enough to give him to me. I guess the reason this touches me so much is because I've heard of so many people having miscarriages or the deaths of kids, and it makes me so thankful to have Kyler here in my arms. We always hear that each of us are put here for a reason, and it makes me wonder what his is. I also know those who have past on early on in life have a great purpose to full fill on the other side. So if it ever comes to that I know my Savior needs him for a better reason. Even though I would be heart broken. I love my little Kyler so much, and sure hope I can be a good mother to him. Since having him I feel the Spirit in our house all the time and I know its because of him. I am so grateful to have the gospel in my life as well. To know about where we came from and to know where we end up. And to have all the great examples of the people who have lived before us. Last week in primary we sang Book of Mormon Stories, and I did the actions with Kyler and he just giggled. So at least once a day since then we have sang it, and he always giggles and smiles. Its songs like that, that I remember helping me start building a testimony, because then I'd want to hear and read the stories in the Scriptures. And its something I'm looking forward doing with my kids. I can't express enough how grateful I am to have everything I have and for everything the Savior has given me. There was a sign in Seagull Book as well that said, "What we are is God's gift to us, What we become is Our gift to God.'' He has given me so much and has done so much for me, I hope I can become something he will be proud of. I try to strive for that daily. I'm so thankful for the Husband I have, he especially makes it easier to go in the right direction. I know its corny but He does make me a better person. Not only am I grateful to him for that, but the fact he works so hard for our little family. He works full-time, plus over-time, and is a full-time student with no complaining and still finds time to spend with me and our baby. I love him so much!! Kyler is my world right now, I can't believe how fast he is growing. He is so much fun. I also feel very lucky because he is such a happy baby. He has two teeth now and hasn't been cranky at all. I feel very spoiled to have had such a good baby. And one that makes me feel closer to my Savior every time I look at him. I love him so much. And am very very grateful to have him.

1 comment:

  1. How funny how me and you think so much alike. There is a picture I used to have on my blog of jesus holding a baby up in the air and they are both smiling and that picture makes me SMILE everytime I see it. It's so crazy to think our babies were with God and Jesus just under a year go. Makes you want to squeeze them more haha.
    I LOVE OUR BABIES!!!!

    ReplyDelete