Ok so first off I just wanna say this post IS NOT meant to offend anyone!! Just some feelings I'm having, and is really just meant to show how blessed we all are. I'm sorry if I come across mean or rude because that's not how I mean this. I would also be a hypocrite to say I have never been jealous of anyone or thing in my life because I have been. But at the same time I realize how petty and selfish I was during those times and now wouldn't give anything to have what I thought I wanted or wished for. It just appals me at what some people can be jealous of, and not realize how it would effect their own life. Now I have been jealous of how people who just got married can have house's or buy really expensive things, but I have never been jealous because someone got married before I did, or because someone is having a baby, or even because they don't follow the standards of the Gospel. (I'm also not trying to pass judgement) I have came to realize in the past year the things that really matter, at least to me, and how blessed I am for everything else. I wish more people could see this!! I know too many people who care about how they look to others, both physically and worldly wise, and not seeing how much they truly have to be grateful for and will say they have nothing. Most of us are blessed with a warm house, cars, more than one way to communicate with others, families that love us, friends, the Gospel, money-even if some think its not enough, and so many others! Yet I see people who have all these plus many more who are jealous because their friends or family members are getting married before them, and then won't talk to them because of the fact. Or people who are jealous because someone they know gets pregnant and then bad mouths them because it might not be the way we were taught to conceive, or for man other dumb reasons. I am so very grateful to be pregnant and think it is such a wonderful gift, but I also think its not something to take lightly! We were married in the temple and did as many people here in Utah and then started a family, we need to realize that's not how everyone ends up doing it nor should we judge them because of it. Something I find comical though, is these people who judge them will also be in fact jealous of it, for very foolish and dumb reasons. Not realizing how a child would affect their life at the time. I know I may sound preachy and I really don't mean to be! But I honestly feel people need to look at their lives and see how many things they have and are blessed with before wishing they had things others have. Not only that but when you are jealous of what someone has don't judge them for it!! We are all meant to live certain lives. Some may lead a life that is full of riches and glam, others may lead one with not so many riches, but all and all neither one is less of a life unless the ones living it make it that way. This may be a little hard for some to hear, but my true feeling is a life with the Gospel in it is the fullest a life can get!! I know I take it for granted all to often. But when you really think about everything the Gospel gives to each of us and the knowledge it brings, what more could any of us ask for?
Again I don't mean to come off Preachy, Ignorant, Judgemental, or anything else. I just want more people to look at their own lives and really look at everything they have and maybe even imagine what it would be like without some of those things before they start wishing for what others have. We are all so blessed, even though we may think other wise.
I have to say. When I started...I was like...wow I'm nervous to keep reading haha. But I agree with you 100%. Everything you said is in my book...correct. Also, don't feel like you need to apologize for writing your feelings on your own blog. If people get hurt by it they don't have to read it.:)
ReplyDeleteLove ya Sharon , I hope your doing okay.