Sunday, October 4, 2009

We'Re MoViNg & CoNfErEnCe

So it won't happen for a month or so but yes we are moving. Not very far away though! There is a lady in our old ward that has a little one bedroom house that we have decided to take. The kitchen is so much bigger, which was pretty much the seller point for me!! I can't wait to have a big kitchen, mine right now is so small and there just isn't enough room for everything. The bedroom and living room area are long and narrow rooms so that is going to be my project to figure out how to decorate. It also has an attic, YAY because now we won't have to have our stuff everywhere. We will also have the baby in our room with us which I don't mind because I'm gonna want it close for the first little while. And its kinda one of those house's you can't judge from the outside, its older but I love it!! I'm so excited to get outof our apartment, I mean the landlord is great but the neighbors are kinda questionable and alot of them smoke, which I don't want my baby to be around. I will post pictures as soon as I get some.

Also I am still in shock!! I can't believe Brigham City is getting a Temple!! We already have 2 temples with in a half hour or so which was a blessing enough, but now to only have one 10 minutes away, WOW!! All day we have been trying to figure out where it will be, but we are just going to wait and see. I am so very grateful for Conference and the chance to hear from the Apostles and Prophet. It always makes me more grateful for the things I have and the life I live. I know I take things for granite all the time, and don't always realize how much I owe to the Lord. I'm also not very good with names, but in the second session,there was a talk about the roles of parents in their children's lives. He was talking about where to draw lines with different circumstances and he then said, "That a parents role and influence in a child's life is the most valuable and important thing." I might be a little off the exact quote! But that statement really hit me. And as I got thinking about my childhood I did notice how all my memories I have are with my parents, good or bad!! Most of the memories it was me learning some sort of lesson, and my parents did do a good job of raising us. We moved a lot when I was younger, which I sometimes hated, but I know realize what a blessing it was for me. And I am starting to see all the things my parents sacrificed for our family. Our life hasn't been easy, that's for sure, but it has been a great one at that. My parents are still a very important part of my life. I can only hope I can raise my kids as good as they raised us, and that I always am close to my kids and that they can trust me. I am so thankful that the Lord has given me the chance to be a mom, and that he trust me enough with one of his special little spirits. It is such a great blessing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment