Thursday, September 17, 2009

ReFleCtIoNs

So today has been a day of reflection for me. It was a year ago today JJ and I started dating. And just realizing how much as changed and everything that has happened seems so crazy. I can honestly say a year ago I wouldn't have ever thought I would be married and having a baby!! Its so weird to look back on the things that have happened and realize how much life has changed in 12 short months. It seems like such a long time and then not. I am so grateful that this year has been the way it has. You might not think you are ready for things, but the Lord sometimes shows us we actually are. I remember when JJ and I first got talking about where things were going to go for us and praying to see if it was right, and the emotions that ran through me and the time. I couldn't ask for a better person to spend all eternity with!! You hear woman all the time saying how great and wonderful there boyfriends or husbands are, and I'm sure they are, but JJ is such the right fit and the right guy for me.
Everyone has always told me how the first year is always the hardest, I know we are only half way through it, but it honestly hasn't been hard!! And in all honesty we really haven't fought at all, unless we're kidding around. Yes there has been things we want to change and things we have asked the other one not to do, but that's just living with someone.

I am so happy to be having a baby also. Its so amazing how is so small and yet how much you can love it! JJ is always rubs my tummy, and makes sure he tells me and the baby how much he loves us before we go to bed. He is going to be such a great dad!! He knows when I'm not feeling well and won't leave my side until I do feel better. He's always wanting to do things for me and puts up with so much and I'm so grateful for that! I have my first OB appointment tomorrow, and we were kinda let down because they told us JJ could come in with me because of their H1N1 precautions. But he is still going to drive me down and wait in the lobby for me. I'm hoping for an ultrasound, but I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment