Friday, August 14, 2009

JoUrNaLs

So the other day I decided to get my journals out so I could compile all of the ones from this past year to put them in the same book! I really needed to because I realized I had been slacking too! I hadn't wrote in it since the wedding. Anyways I can see why they tell you to keep journals though. I went back through all of mine and read about all of the many thing I had wrote about. Some of which made me cry. But alot just made me laugh! It was so fun to remember all the things hat have happened and how I've grown up. It made me realize how blessed I am as well. Some of the things I use to think were so tough I saw how they really weren't and what they taught me later. I laughed so hard when I would talk about guys,, and how much I liked them, and now I don't! Its so funny to see how life changes and how you realize things.
I think the things I liked the most though were the spiritual experiences. I loved to go back and read those. Even reading the things that happened when I took my endowments out or our wedding was such a nice reminder of things. I couldn't believe how much I had forgotten, in just 41/2 short months. I also loved going back through the times when me and J.J. were dating and remembering all the feelings and the excitement I had back then. And it was fun to talk to him about them to. I even had my Seminary Journals!! Now alot of those just had doodles in them :s But I did find alot of good quotes and messages from lessons.
I am so happy that I was able to go back and remember some of the things that happened in my life. I am not the best at keeping Journals though, but the times I have written down sure cheered me up, and made me realize alot! Mostly that when you are going through a hard time, something good always comes from it. It also strengthened my testimony not only about keeping journals, but that the Lord and our Heavenly Father are always watching over us and know what we are feeling and dealing with. I am so grateful for them, and all they have given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment