
Ok so I was recently introduced to Sephora make-up! Last week I got on their website and started to look at everything that they have. And found that most of it was pretty pricey, but there was somethings that were very reasonable. I've been looking for alot of waterproof makeup for summer, and as I was searching their website, I found a make-up setter. What it does is it acts as a invisible shield over your make-up to make it last longer and to make it some what waterproof. I was kinda spectical about it but it does actually work quite well. I haven't tried it in water yet, and it wouldn't suprise me if it doesnt work as well then. But as for being out in the hot weather, and even at times when I am excersising my make-up last a lot longer than it use to.
I also got a few other things but the thing I was most surprised with was a sample they were giving with each purchase. It was the bareMinerals matte foundation. Its new and not available yet, but they were giving samples out for people to try! I have always been reluctent sbout mineral make-up because I didn't see how it would cover. I even had a friend who had gotten some once and I didn't think it covered at all, I think she had gotten some other brand though. Anyways I tried the foundation the day I got it and absolutley LOVED it! I couldn't believe how well it looked and felt! I was completely shocked. I have always had a problem with make-up lines and the color not matching my skin. With this there was no lines and it matched my skin so well!! Now I'm not one to go out and spend alot of money on make-up though. I don't see the point on paying tons of money for something your going to wash off later. I do however like to look nice though. So being my cheap self I went to walmart and got looking at the mineral make-ups. And again alot of them were so high in price. I needed mu concealor so I went to get it and found that the same brand carried mineral make-up. I was so excited! I got their loose powder foundation as well as their pressed foundation powder and I got their bronzer which I use for blush. I purchased all of these for less than one product of all the other brands, and these ones came with the free brushes. I was a little hesitant because it was so cheap, but I love their concealor stick and it works so well so I figured I'd just try it. I am so happy I did. I honestly feel that its just as good as the bareMinerals, it looks the same and feels the same. To give you an idea on the prices. Sephora sells the bareMinerals kit for $60 but it says its a $174 value, it includes 2 foundations, mineral viel(powder), all-over face color(blush), 3 brushes, and Sephora gives you the dvd, and primer. Now at Walmart I can get the N.Y.C. cover stick(not mineral but I use to cover up blemishes), loose powder foundation, pressed foundation, powder, blush, brushes, and I can even throw in my mosturizer(use as a primer) and I get this all for $20 dollars and that's for twice as much make-up!! This will also last me for a good 6-8 weeks if not longer, and the moisterizer will last me for alot longer than that, I have had this tube of moisturizer for a good 8 months and still have half of it left and I use it daily.
Now I'm not putting the bareMineral brand down at all. Because it does work very well, and looks amazing. But for me its just a little pricey. Asfor Sephora I will be get more things from there. I love the make-up setter I got!! Anyways I'd just thought I'd share my new find, and love!
No comments:
Post a Comment