Tonight was my brothers Seminary Graduation! I can't believe he's graduating already. It seems just like I was yesterday. Its so crazy. But I'm glad that part of my life is over with and that I'm were I'm at now.
During the meeting, this girl was talking about how they are now going into the world. And also how she didn't think they had ever really been tested. They live in this small town were most the people are LDS and have the same values. Now where they are going out into the world she knew they were going to be tested. They'd be struggling with trials, and probably be having to sacrifice. On the flip side though she pointed out that where they'd be around those that weren't of the same religion, and standards, it will be a great missionary experience.
Anyways the thing that stood out to me the most was the quote, "God doesn't take away, He gives better." After she had said that, I started to think about things, mostly some of the things I've given up, and the trials I have went through in my life. I then also looked at what the conciquences that came from those decisions. I realized that, that statement is so true. Things I might not have been to happy about at the time, have turned into giving me the happiest times of my life. The biggest thing I think about is when I moved home from Provo. I didn't want to make the move home. I loved my life down there. And still miss it at times. I then think about what would have happened if I hadn't moved home. I probably wouldn't be as happy as I am and with the guy I'm with. I am truely blessed, I never, ever thought I would be married already, but I couldn't be happier that I am.
Looking at my life now, and from what it was from the time I left Provo, I realize what a mess my life was in. I wasn't that active in church, I was dating a questionable guy, and I really wasn't to happy, even though I thought I was. I think I knew I wasn't happy where I was, but I really didn't want to move home and be under my parents thumbs again. Now I am so Happy I did. The transition was a little rough, but soon there after, I saw I was happier and felt better about myself. I got back going to church every week which was a huge help. I also started to hang out with J.J. and other people that helped me out. Which has now made me one of the happiest people out there. When I think of what might have happened if I hadn't moved home it scares me now, I was going down a path I shouldn't have been. I was so far away from the things I needed to be close to. I was losing myself, the whole reason why i hadn't completely lost myself was for my roommates I had and the wonderful people they were. I just can't believe I couldn't see how lost I was. Luckily someone had. My grandmother could tell I was struggling, and put my name in at the Temple. I didn't know anything about this till about 2 months after I moved home. I soon there realized when she had put my name in was the time I was laid off from work, we were pretty much given a months notice to move, and nothing was working out for me. I was so fustrated with it all, and would get mad at other people when they had nothing to do with it. Now I see it was a blessing in disguise. If that would have never happened, I would probably have completely lost myself in the world. I'm so thankful for everything I have in my life!
Also in other things, "God doesn't take away, he gives better." Look at tithing. I have been so blessed by tithing. I remember when I was eight paying my tithing was such a big thing to me, even though it would be like fifty cents. The experience that made my testimony so strong about tithing was when I was around 8 or 9, and we were living in Oklahoma, we had went to church and I paid my tithing that week. Well a day or two later our families car broke down, the same day we got an add for rental cars, we needed one because my grandma and aunt were coming out to see us. I thought that was all because of my tithing. Which my mom let me believe. There has been many, many more times that tithing has blessed my life though.
All in All my life has been filled with times that, God hasn't taken away from me, even though I may think so. But in return he gives me so much more. I may not know that at the time, but I am so very grateful for my Heavenly Father and Savior and all they have sacrificed and given to me. Also for the people they put in my life, even though you may not even know them, but give such good insights.
No comments:
Post a Comment