Monday, May 6, 2013

Visions Of Glory

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what to say about this book!

It's such an amazing but yet terrify book.

The guy the book is about has experienced death and been in the spirit form and came back from it. The experiences he has had are extraordinary! And I really believe that he is telling the truth because to me and understanding how we will be in the spirit form it seems legit.

Let me explain further on that a bit. I've been taught in church about repentance and the quote I hear a lot is, "If you repent your sins are completely forgive and forgotten, but if you don't they will be revealed to all once we pass on." In the book this guy talks about an experience he had in the spirit form where his human body had coded and all the sudden he was at the side of the bed and looking at his body when all the doctors and nurses came rushing in. In that moment he knew what they were all felling and he even new one of the nurses had had an affair with the doctor, but there was no judgement on his part! He then thought of his wife and just like that was out in the waiting room with her and new she was scared that the code was him and was wishing someone would come out and talk to her, and knew everything she was feeling. He also saw other spirits there some of which were good and others that weren't. There are other things that happens during that experience that are so awesome but I'm not going to get into that. I had been skeptical upto this experience. But with the things I've been taught it just made sense. I also think it is neat that there was no judgement on his part to what others had done and also going through! I know that I to often judge others and a lot of the time don't even realize I do it. And it just reassured me of the fact that Heavenly Father and Christ are really the only ones who get to judge us in the end.

Along with that though to have the knowledge of what others have felt and are feeling, kind of scares me. For the fact that you will know exactly how you made someone fell, what they thought about you, and the emotions you caused them. And others will also know what you thought of them along with all those other things. Brings a whole new concept to the saying,"I wish I knew what they were thinking!"

Going further into the book he talks about experiences where he has seen somethings to come and about the second coming!! It terrifies me, makes me cry, and yet brings me joy the thing he talks about. It has made me realize that the Second Coming maybe a lot closer than any of us actually thought, and that the things leading upto it are probably going to be way worse than anything I could imagine. Reading some of the things he talks about brought to new light some of the things I have experienced in my life and how some of those things may have been training me for things to come. Even though I still am terrified about it!

I'm going to share something really personal here, the night before I met JJ I had an experiences that's something I always think about and I don't think I will ever forget. At the time I was living in Provo and was home for the weekend but my bed was in Provo so I was sleeping in my parents guest bedroom. I was just laying in bed thinking when I felt a dark presence in the room, and fear just came over me so much so I didn't dare open my eyes. I wanted to scream but I couldn't open my mouth and felt like I couldn't move. I knew how to cast things off but couldn't move and could barely think, I eventually was able to think of the words and was released. I don't think I realized how sacred and important those words can be until I went through the temple 7 months later. Anyways once I was able to think again my mind turned to a picture that was hanging on the wall, it was a collage frame with pictures of my mom from the time she was a baby to her wedding day. The thought entered my mind how fast her life has gone, and that mine would be no different and would probably go by even faster. Another thought entered my mind about the Second Coming and how I needed to get my life in order, because I was soon going to be married and be having kids and I needed to be prepared for what was to come and to teach my kids everything they would need to know. Little did I know I would be meeting my husband the next day! I had pictures go through my mind the one that is in most churches of the Second Coming but the one that was dearest to me was one with me surrounded by some kids and we were playing outside. I was barely able to sleep that night and I still to this day sleep with the light on because I get scared of going through the first part of that again.

Reading this book made me think about that even more and especially thoughts about the Second Coming and how I need to be preparing my family for it. I'm hoping I can do everything I need to for my kids and teach them everything they need to know. JJ and my kids are my everything and I want to be able to do everything I can to get us ready for what's ahead. I know that it will be difficult especially in the state this world is in, but I know with the Lords help we will be ok and whatever is suppose to happen will.

I am very grateful to have been introduced to this book and for the insights it has given me and for the feelings and thoughts I have had over it. I am so thankful to have been brought up and to be a member of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints, and to know the truth of it!

2 comments:

  1. And I thought Scandal was mind-blowing!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reading this has scared me! But I needed that, so Thank You!

    ReplyDelete