Even though I was hoping we wouldn't have to deal with anything like this for a few years!
Our family just didn't have a good day today. By noon we had agreed we were staying home and not going anywhere else for the day.
Earlier we had went down to Walmart to get Kyler a bike for his birthday. We pulled out the one we got him last year(12") and he was to big for it. So since his birthday is next week we decided we would get him one. After awhile of dealing with a grouchy boy we finally had the bike picked out that had Lightning Mcqueen on it(16") and started home. After that was when we decided to stay home for the rest of the day.
I was in our room reading and JJ was down stairs with Xander, and Kyler was everywhere. I knew he was up stairs but thought he was in his room not the other one where all his presents are. Pretty soon screams of bloody murder came from him and I ran in to see what had happened. He had gotten on the bike and fell off of it and tipped the bike on him in the process. He kept holding his left wrist and I instantly got worried. I tried to feel it to see if it was broken but he would scream any time I tried to touch him. Soon we saw some swelling starting around his elbow. We decided he needed to be checked out. Thankfully our doctor here in town was able to fit us in so we didn't have to go to the ER!
Once at the doctors they checked his arm and wanted to do a X-ray. Kyler was not a happy camper through any of it! But once he saw the X-rays he thought they were pretty cool! You can't really see it in the picture, but there is a small crack in his bone. It wasn't very big so the doctor decided to put him in a splint an sling. He is going to check with a Radiologist in the morning to make sure it doesn't need to be casted.
Kyler was not a fan of the splint or sling at first but through out the night has gotten use to it. Once the pain medicine kicked in he was such a happy boy an kept giving us hugs!
He will be in the splint for about a week as long as he can straighten his elbow when we take it off. But we are having to rearrange things for his birthday, we'll still make it fun though!
This was not an fun experience at all! I did pretty well holding back the tears until after we got home from the doctors, I didn't want to freak him out anymore than he already was. I hope and wish we don't ever have to go through it again but to be realistic we probably will.

Poor Boy! I sure hope he isn't in to much pain, and heals quickly.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I'm hoping he'll just be in it for a week! Thankfully it wasn't super bad.
DeleteHe looks like such a toughass rockin that sling haha. So excited to see you guys soon:)
ReplyDeleteThank goodness for Motrin! He was a mess before that kicked in. We are excited to see you guys too!!
DeleteOooohhh...still smiling after that, what a tough guy! Hope he is feeling ok.
ReplyDelete