Friday, April 19, 2013

First Day Of Preschool...........kinda

We found out that the Early Childhood Center in Corinne has a program for kids who struggle with speech problems. We went in last week to have Kyler do some testing, but him being in a grumpy mood wouldn't have it. So they told us what they could do is have him come in a couple times a week to one of the classes and observe him that way.
Today was our first day, and lets just say both me and him had a hard time! I thought it would be like taking him to nursery and he would just run right in with no problem, instead it was the complete opposite. We got to the classroom and he immediately grabbed onto me, wouldn't let go, and would scream any time I tried to put him down.
The teachers were very nice and told me it was ok if I left even with him crying, they were use to kids doing that and that he would be ok. If he didn't stop with in a few minutes they would call me. So has hard as it was to leave him I walked out of the room and down the hall just a little bit so I was still in hearing range. Within a minute he had stopped crying and was doing fine! We then headed out of the school and I started bawling, he shouldn't be old enough to go school yet!
We went back 2.5 hours later and picked him up. The teacher said he did great and got along with all the other kid, including the little girl in the class who's name is Kyler also. He didn't talk though while he was there, so we will be going back twice next week. We are hoping that by next Friday he will be comfortable enough to do the assessment so we know what our next steps are.   
 
*He was kinda grumpy while I was trying to get pictures so I never did get a really good one of him.

2 comments:

  1. Damn your brave! Savvy isn't going until she is at least 4, not looking forward to that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If wasn't for his speech he wouldn't go until fall. An good luck when that day comes, it was rough.

    ReplyDelete