Monday, March 4, 2013

My Somewhat Talking Boy

He has been trying so hard to talk lately. Most the time we can figure out what he is trying to say though, and he is getting a lot better!
 
I think I have figured out the biggest problem is that he doesn't move his mouth and sometimes his tongue when he speaks. So we are trying to work with him on that and making sure when he watches us talk we show him that we are using our tongues and moving our mouths'.
 
He also says alot more when we aren't home or around other people. Not sure why.
 
Anyways here are a few stories of things he has been saying...
 
Two weeks ago in Sacrament Meeting when my brother got done blessing the Sacrament he came by and sat right next to Kyler, since my brother still needs treats my mom handed his a Starburst. Well Kyler thought Rhett was un-wrapping it for him, and when Rhett popped it in his mouth Kyler looked at my mom and said as clear as day, "He ate it!" We all were surprised and then very quietly laughed to ourselves.
 
I was changing his diaper the other day and he started to push as I was wiping his bum(sorry tmi). Anyways I said, " Don't. No More Poo Poo." His response was, "Nom no more ooo."(Mom no more poo.) And kept saying it over and over.
 
I can't remember what it was but we found something he broke and I looked at him and said,"You Broke It" his response, "No daddy broke it!" followed by "Eeer (Xander) broke it." And then he went over and spanked JJ!!
 
We were saying something about his birthday and he turned to my mom and goes, "Yep My Irthday, YAY!"
 
Another Poo one....I always tell him "Ewww Stinky" or "Gross" and the other day he goes over and handed his dirty diaper to JJ and said, "Eww Daddy Stinky." I lost it!
 
When we were over at my parents for dinner one night we were all sitting down and he was having a hard time getting on the chair and he looks at us and goes, "Hello, I ant oo it own oo." (I want to sit down too)
 
If he is grouchy, anytime I try to look at him or touch him he will say "Stop it" or "Ouch"
 
He sure does have an attitude!
 
A few other words/phrases he says:
aset-all...Basketball, I swear I hear it about 100 times or more a day!
Emele...Temple
Urrsh...Church
Eesus...Jesus
I on't ow...I don't know
Izza...Pizza
Amurger....Hamburger
ookie...Cookie
uce...Juice
mil...Milk
Daddy...he has it nailed down and is always wanting daddy or pointing out things that are daddy's
Ore....Store
Aanie.....Candy
ing ween....Lightning Mcqueen
Icky....Mickey
Night Night
Igh ere...Right There
Ere it is...There it is
Et Oo...Let's Go
 
There's more but I think this post is long enough. I'm absolutely loving that he is talking more. It makes life a little easier knowing what he wants. He is growing so fast, I think this is the only thing that makes me feel like he is still little. We have our bad days but when he is happy and lovey-dove it makes those times seem like nothing. It doesn't seem like he should be turning 3 next month...even if he is the size of a 5 year old! I just love him so much and don't want him to grow up, but I know he has to. I just hope it won't past by to quickly!


1 comment: