Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Xander Two Week Check Up

Today Xander is 2 weeks old! I can't believe how fast time is going and how fast he is growing!
At 2 Weeks He:
Weighs 7lbs. 8oz. (18%)
is 22 3/4 inches long (over 97%)
and his head is 14.8 inches around. (60%)
He is just a bit littler than Kyler was at two weeks, but you wouldn't know it with how he eats! He eats between 3.5-5 ounces depending on the feeding and is up every 2.5-3 hours to eat with maybe an extra hour in between at night. He is starting to wear some of his 0-3 month clothing...even though they look like they drowned him because he is so skinny he actually feels them out length wise. He likes to make all sorts of noises when he is awake, and he loves to look at windows. I forgot a few things about newborn babies, I think the biggest one being how much they poop!! He is doing so well though and is still a really good baby. He also refuses to take a binki! 
Kyler is starting to get use to having him around more. He always has loved the baby which I've been thankful over! But like I've said in a post before he wouldn't have anything to do with me...this is starting to change. Yesterday he just ran up and hugged me for no reason and has a few times since which has made me so happy! We also measured him today and the doctors and he is now 36 3/4 inches, and 39.7pounds!! He is a monster! I can't tell if he looks bigger to me because he has actually grown or if its just because I see Xander which seems so much smaller. 
I'm also doing pretty good. I don't have pain anymore unless I over do it during the day. And I am actually feeling alot more energized than I did while being pregnant, thank goodness! My postpartum is still kinda like a roller coaster. The move was hard on me due to the fact I couldn't really do anything to help and then if I tried to I would start to hurt, so I just felt useless for a few days. But thankfully JJ helped with that and kept telling me he knew I couldn't do it and that I needed to take care of myself, which made me feel alittle better even though I would still cry over it. I'm hoping it will kind of mellow out once we get everything moved into our new place.
Yes that is right....WE GOT THE HOUSE!!!! We close on Monday and then get to start moving things in! We are all pretty excited. We got the call while we were in the car after the doctors today and I started to scream and cry, I was just so happy! I've been keeping my hopes down and now I can't wipe a smile off my face!! Kyler even kept saying "Yay!" and clapping, even though I don't think he really knew why we were so excited. I just can't wait to be able to get into it and start setting things up! 
Well I think that is all the news for now, I'll of course close with some pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment