Friday, July 27, 2012

Saying Goodbye

In the past when I have thought about moving the thought has just excited me. And it will be extremly nice to be in a different place. We have been moving out of our apartment this week, and  I just can't help but be a little sad over leaving. There has been so many wonderful memories that have taken place here. I can't count the times I have said I hate the apartment and so badly wanted to move. Well moving has actually made me love it. I'm so grateful to have all the memories we have here. Kyler learned to crawl, walk, kinda talk, play, have his first owie, threw his first fit and so many other things here and we will remember them all being in the apartment.We had all our first holidays with Kyler here too, which were so much fun. I think thats what I'm kinda sad about is that we are leaving the place that has been our HOME for the past few years. To me the other places we lived haven't meant much because it was mostly me and JJ. Now having kids and having them grow and learn so much in a place and then having to leave it is kinda hard. And hopefully we won't have to be doing this again for awhile!
Its amazing how much can happen in just a few short years...and how much junk you can acquire! We all have grown so much living here in the past few years. There have been hard times along with the good times, but those are also things we look on that have made us stronger and really get us to the point we are at now.
We still aren't 100% sure we have the house yet, even though everyone is really positive over it. It's weird to think that we could end up with an address that doesn't end with an apartment number, or having the neighbors get our mail on accident because the mail lady didn't read the number right, and actually having our own backyard. There are a number of reasons having the house would be very nice.
I am looking forward to being where ever we end up and getting to watch Xander grow like Kyler did in the apartment and make new memories in a new place. Both boys will grow up so much in the time we are at a new place. This also makes me sad to think about. I love watching them grow but I so wish they could just stay small and be my little boys forever!!
I guess all said and done I'm very grateful to have had the past few years we have had in our apartment and even though I have hated it at times, I'm sure there will be things about it I miss  . I'm very excited for whatever is in our future though and to be able to get into our new place, whether that a house or another apartment, so we can start making memories there!

I also just have to say how awesome JJ is. I haven't been able to do much since having a c-section a little over a weeks ago. So he has pretty much moved and cleaned everything himself!! I have felt so bad not being able to do anything, and have even cried over it to him. Him being the amazing guy he is just tells me "You just gave me this handsome boy and went through a tough pregnancy with him, I can do this for you!" I sure do love him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment