Saturday, October 29, 2011

Potty Training Day 1 = Success!!

I've always been told boys take longer than girls to potty train and that they usually don't show interest in it till 2 1/2 or 3 years old. But knowing we will be hopefully having another baby by the time he's 3 I want to get him potty trained by then. I decided just to start out slow..just having a couple hours out of the day were he runs around naked and getting him use to sitting on the seat. So today that's what we did and I would give him a Smartee when he would sit on his potty after a few time I noticed the potty was singing(Its the fisher-price cheer for me potty-it only sings when they either go potty or put toilet paper in it)I looked in it and sure enough he had went!! I was so excited which made him excited. We then flushed it in the big potty and he didn't like that very much. He then ran back and got on the seat again but after about five minutes decided he wanted to play, so we put a diaper back on him. We still have a long way to go, but I figure as long as we do it a little bit at a time he'll hopefully get use to it after a few months:) I'll update about how its going every so often, and next time I'll hopefully have some pictures today I was just so excited I wasn't thinking about it lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment