Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Practicing

As I mentioned before I ordered the pans for Kyler's birthday. I also have wanted to try to decorate a cake with fondant frosting before to, and figured his cakes would be easier to decorate with fondant . So I picked some up yesterday and decided to make a practice test since JJ wanted a treat. I haven't gotten the pans yet, so I just did the square cake. Fondant is a little more tricky than I thought it would be, but I thought for my first time it turned out pretty good. I now at least know what to expect. So here it is...
I really liked the colors, but the black is hard to get black! And then you can see ever thing on it, probably wasn't the best idea to use white frosting to put the decorations on. I'm hoping to practice a little more before his birthday to get a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment